Welcome to another episode of Rachael Academy Podcast, thank you so much for taking the time to join me on this episode. Today on the comfort seat we have with us guest Dawn Jones who is the founder and Director of Hope Place.
Dawn spent her years as a HR Manger helping individuals through the employment processes relating to suspension, poor performance and, unfair treatment Dawn has written a blog series called ‘If You Don’t Know, Get To Know.’ raising awareness of the importance of employees and workers becoming fluent in their organisation's policies, procedures and, working practices.
Dawn Welcome to the show…
Podcast Show Questions
Now before we get into the nitty gritty of the show I always like to start the show asking my guest this question.
Give three words that describe you and why?
As some may not know we met on LinkedIn and for some of those out there who don’t know much about LinkedIn and its process I’ll give you a quick break down of it.
- So with that my first question to you Dawn is described what your management style is?
- Having worked in the HR industry for all these years, what do you like least about the world of human resources?
- You spend your time working with clients at Hope Place and I’m sure most of those have gone through some kind of difficulties in their work place. Describe what you feel or think is an ideal workplace for you.
- As human beings we go through a lot and I must admit I don’t think I would bow well getting back into the 9-5 environment after being out of it for 14 years. I have heard so much nightmare stories. As an HR person, what is your view on job eliminations?
- What advice would you give an employee who goes through an unethical situation at work?
- What trends are you seeing in the world that will shape Human Resource departments over the next five years?
- What does a day in a life of an HR Consultant Look Like?
- Why Hope Place? Why did you decide to call your HR Consultancy business that?
- What’s in store for Dawn in 2019 and how can we get involved?
- Any last tips or advice could you give to someone out there having a real rough time in their work place? Any books, organisations or places of help?
Thank you so much Dawn for taking out the time to join me on the show.